Documents are in .pdf format. Adobe Reader is a free program for Mac & PC.
The Top 5 QuickBooks Timesavers
Every entrepreneur can appreciate Ben Franklin’s quote, “Time is money”, but figuring out how to use the principle in our daily operations can be tricky. Time is one of our precious resources, so use it wisely.
As a QuickBooks ProAdvisors, we educate our clients how to work smarter using QuickBooks software and shortcuts. The following are our list of QuickBooks timesavers:
- 1-click buttons – instantly know where your business stands by customizing the Icon Bar with 1-click buttons you create and customize. Remove the icons you don’t need or use and add the ones you use every day. The valuable 1-click buttons most frequently used are: Open Invoices, Unpaid Bills, Balance Sheet Report, Profit & Loss Report.
- Memorize Transactions – memorize recurring transactions (like loan payments, monthly subscription payments or groups of transactions (monthly invoices, customized reports, ACH transactions, just to name a few. Great for remembering deadlines and annual renewals.
- Email Invoices, Statements and PayStubs – When you email an invoice, your customer receives it as a .pdf email attachment along with a cover note. If you have the ‘Intuit Go Payment’ features, the customer can click on ‘Pay Now’ and send you payment right from their bank to yours. Ask us how. You can also batch email multiple invoices. QuickBooks supports Outlook and Windows mail.
- Reconcile your bank statements only showing transactions in the time period of the statement – Click the checkmark in the “hide transactions after the statement end date” located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Printing in Batches – click on the ‘print later’ checkbox when you save a form (ex. Invoices). QuickBooks adds that to the print queue. Then in a few clicks you can print all the invoices at once.